Coronavirus Guest Policy
Back in March 2020, we were forced to close our doors at The Laurels to protect the health and safety of our guests, staff and community, we are delighted to say that we will be able to reopen on the 6th July.
As we write we have opened a limited number of rooms for you to book, please keep checking as we will open up more rooms as more detailed guidance is published. Please read this note from us with all the necessary information regarding your stay with us.
The Laurels is run by us, Phil and Helen. We live on the premises. Helen’s father also lives here in his own self contained flat on the ground floor.
We understand everyone’s concern over the Coronavirus, and we will do everything we can to protect our guests, staff, us and our family. We have kept ourselves fully informed and up to date with UK Government health & hygiene procedures.
We have put in place cleaning & hygiene procedures to protect everyone and will ensure that the running of The Laurels complies with government guidelines. All our staff will have had training on the new guidelines and the cleaning and hygiene procedures.
Due to social distancing regulations, updated on 23rd June, we will need to introduce temporary changes to our service – this may change pending further government announcements. This is our opening plan;
Arrival and Check-In
- If you experience any coronavirus symptoms prior to travelling OR are asked to self-isolate please do not set out on your journey. Contact us and we will happily prearrange your stay, at no cost, until you have the all-clear through a negative test or once you have finished your 14-day isolation
- When you check-in, we will confirm with you that neither you nor other guests have been in contact with any potential COVID-19 cases and therefore should be self-isolating at home
- Do not arrive earlier than our 4 pm Check-In. This is to give us the time we need for the extra cleaning required
- We would hope to arrange check-in time with as we will only be Checking-In one set of guests at a time. Please wait outside if we are already with other guests and we will come and get you. We may be wearing PPE when you check-in, disposable gloves, a mask and face shield
- There will also be a protective screen at our reception desk
- There will be Hand Sanitiser on the hall table for guest use on entering and leaving.
During your Stay
- We will not be doing our full daily room refresh/tidy. We will empty your bin and ensure you have a top-up of in-room refreshments. We will not enter your room while you are in the building and our cleaning staff will be wearing PPE.
- All the teas, coffees, sugar, milk, biscuits etc will be changed after each set of guests leave.
- Remote controls, hairdryers and fans will be disinfected after each set of guests
- We will be removing cushions and throws temporarily
- We would recommend that guests use the toilet facilities in their rooms. Whilst the communal toilets will not be closed we cannot ensure that these are cleaned after every guest use.
- If you fall ill with COVID-19 while you are with us you must return home.
- We will be serving our full breakfast menu as usual. There will be full table service and social distancing will be in force between the tables. Breakfast is not available in your room.
- Breakfast will be served between 8 am to 9 am.
- All staff either preparing or serving breakfast will be wearing PPE.
- We do not offer “Room Only” bookings. This remains unchanged.
- We do not offer a lunch or dinner service.
- Local pubs and restaurants are expected to be reopening on 4th July, but at this stage, we do not know any details of what they will be offering with respect to dine in meals/drinks. We would strongly suggest that you contact any pub or restaurant directly to make a booking in advance of your stay. There are a number of pubs and restaurants currently offering takeaway service.
- Each guest room will be deep cleaned after every departure. This includes using cleaning products which conform to BS EN 14476 which will kill encased viruses such as COVID 19.
- Hairdryers and fans will be cleaned after each guest stay.
- Soft furnishings such as curtains, headboards and stools will be disinfected after each guest stay using a specialist fabric disinfect and conforming to BS EN 14476
- Frequent touchpoints will be cleaned by us on a regular basis during the day e.g. front door, bannisters, room door handles etc.
- We will sanitise the chairs, change the place settings and steam the floor in the breakfast room after service every day.
- Please observe social distancing in reception if you need to wait.
- Place your keys in the UVC sanitizer box when requested.
- Our card machine will be sanitized for each guest.
- Hand sanitizer is available on the table in reception for use both before and after checkout.
- We may be wearing PPE when you check out, disposable gloves, a mask and face shield.
- There will also be a protective screen at our reception desk.
- As you check-out, we will ask you to call us to let us know if you develop symptoms within 14 days of leaving The Laurels