Following on from our first guest blog from (Sharon aka Don’t call me Shazza) we’re thrilled to add this one from Mike Gibbons, who’s the Site Manager at Aerial Extreme, Trentham Gardens.
5 Reasons to Stay at The Laurels B&B
- If its peace and tranquility you are looking for, then The Laurels B&B is the ideal retreat. Nestled in the little village of Oakamoor only a stones throw from Alton Towers, The Laurels B&B is surrounded by luscious rolling green hills with an abundance of wildlife. If you look at the photos online, the pictures do it no justice. This is such a beautiful part of Staffordshire and the perfect base camp for those looking to enjoy walking or cycling in the great outdoors or those looking to avoid the traffic heading to Alton Towers.
- On arrival you will be met with the warmest welcome from Helen and Phil. It is almost as if they are relatives and you are visiting them. From the very start till the very end of your stay you are made to feel welcome. Their home is your home and nothing is ever too much trouble.
- Once you get to your room, you will find modern but neutral decor and the comfiest bed you could dream of. It is definitely one of the best nights sleeps I have ever had. There Is a tv and complimentary hot drink facilities in each room and a very spacious en suite. If you are away with your partner, then I recommend the “Honeymoon” suite. Its a cosy little room with a four poster bed and a very modern en suite. With stunning views looking over the valley this is the perfect setting for a quiet romantic weekend retreat.
- If you are looking for something to eat then I recommend visiting The Star in Cotton. Recommended by Phil, I was not disappointed. The food was delicious and and the staff are very friendly. Phil recommended here as the pub at the bottom of the hill does not do food, so he saved me from a wasted journey down the hill. Both Phil and Helen have a lot of local knowledge and are more than happy to stop and have a chat with you and advise you on the best walks or the best places to get food.
- After the best nights sleep in the comfy and warm room, you can head down for breakfast. There are a variety of cereals and apple and fresh orange to choose from. After a quick look at the menu, I recommend the full English breakfast. Being a qualified chef myself I can be quite critical when it comes to food, but The Laurels B&B does not disappoint. They use all locally sourced produce and it is cooked to perfection. Credit where credit is due, Helen makes a full English that is second to none.
Overall, despite the set-backs that The Laurels B&B has had to face not long after opening, I have never met such an enthusiastic and charismatic couple like Helen and Phil. Nothing was ever too much trouble and they could not do enough for me during my stay. I would recommend The Laurels B&B to anyone whether you are travelling through or even if you just want a quiet night away with your partner. You will not be disappointed.
Aerial Extreme Trentham