Things To Do In Staffordshire
There’s an amazing number of great things to do within a 45 minute drive of us.
You could throw your own clay pot or decorate one in your own design, go to the races, visit factory shops and pick up a bargain, visit steam railways, historic houses and gardens, wild animal parks, get up close to some Barbary Apes, challenge yourself to an aerial walkway, take a trip on the canal, go skiing, climbing, abseiling, canoeing, skating, cycling, walking and much, much more!!
Here’s some of our favourite activities and days out in Staffordshire
Just click on the links for more info.
- Alton Towers – 4 mins
- Peak Wildlife Park – 7 mins
- Churnet Valley Railway – 8 mins
- Kingsley Bird & Falconry Centre – 11 mins
- JCB Visitor Centre – 15 mins
- Foxfield Steam Railway – 17 mins
- Brindley Mill – 19 mins
- Cheddleton Flint Mill – 21 mins
- Rudyard Lake Steam Railway – 24 mins
- Holme Farm Equestrian Centre – 31 mins
- Monkey Forest – 33 mins
- Gulliver’s Theme Park – 38 mins
- Shugborough Historic Estate – 42 mins
- The National Brewery Centre – 42 mins
- The Star at Cotton – 2 mins
- The Ramblers Retreat – 4 mins
- The Alton Bridge – 6 mins
- Thornbury Hall (Quality Pakistan Restaurant) – 8 mins
- The Queens at Freehay – 8 mins
- The Royal Oak – 8 mins
- The Blacksmiths Arms – 8 mins
- Master Potter – 9 mins
- Wetherspoons – 9 mins
- The New Olive Tree – 10 mins
- McDonalds – 20 mins
- Dimmingsdale – 4 mins
- Ilam Park – 15 mins
- RSPB Coombes Valley Nature Reserve – 14 mins
- Dovedale – 17 mins
- Upper Limits (Climbing wall & archery) – 17 mins
- Ashbourne – 18 mins
- Aerial Extreme – 24 mins
- Endon Riding School – 25 mins
- Peak Pursuits (Climbing, canoeing) – 25 mins
- Cinema – 30 mins
- Dove Valley Centre – 31 mins
- Buxton – 36 mins
- The Ceramics Trail
Enjoy the complete ceramics experience and discover the history and heritage of the Potteries (the only place in the UK named after its primary industry), at their award-winning museums and visitor centre.
Go on a factory tour and learn about the skills and craftsmanship that go into producing their famous pottery. Have a go at creating your own masterpiece with the many hands on opportunities available. Then shop till you drop at the Factory Shops.
- The Staffordshire Hoard Trail
The trail brings together a large number of attractions. It tells the emerging story of the Staffordshire Hoard and the Anglo Saxon history of the region, through a series of informative displays.
- Sculpture Trail
Whether you are on foot, on a bike or in a car, the Stoke on Trent Sculpture Trail provides a fascinating backdrop to the local landscape. Explore 40 amazing sculptures throughout the City and learn about their background and links to the local area. You don’t have to do the whole trail in one go as it’s been split into bite sized chunks allowing you to take a short walk or spend all day exploring.
- The Two Saints Way
A newly created 90 mile long distance walking route that passes right through the heart of Stoke on Trent and travel between the cathedral cities of Chester and Lichfield, where St Werburgh and St Chad, two Saxon saints who brought Christianity to the ancient Kingdom of Mercia in the 7th Century, are laid to rest.
B&B near Alton Towers | Places to stay near Alton Towers | Hotels near Alton Towers | Peak District B&B |Peak District Bed & Breakfast | altontowers
The Laurels B&B, Star Bank, Oakamoor, Staffordshire, ST10 3DF